Whitelisted domains

I am on the beta, and have a few domains whitelisted. However, rather than being “example.com” the email says that “www.example.com” and “example.com” are whitelisted. Does that mean I can’t get a beta certificate for “test.example.com”? Right now I’ll not be using this for my main domains, but for test domains, and if I’d known I had to request all possible sub-domains, I’d have done so.

Clarity would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, please search before asking, we had that exact question multiple times.

Sorry, I did look in the FAQ and it wasn’t there. Perhaps it should be added…

Yeah, just noticed that as well. @josh

I just updated the Google Form to point out that subdomains must be included separately. Should have done that earlier, but better late than never. Thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

well on less than a week there’ll be GA anyway. I am so waiting for monday

Maybe there is an misunderstanding between subdomain and hostentry.
For example domain is: sample.co
Hosts:

Subdomain: people.sample.co

1 Like

Hosts / subdomains… doesn’t matter. You have to apply for anything apart from example.com and www.example.com separately.

OK i already got it but if there are people who have technical beackground, they maybe think that whiltelisted domain mean domain and not single server names.

[quote=“kelunik, post:8, topic:3585, full:true”]
Hosts / subdomains… doesn’t matter. You have to apply for anything apart from example.com and www.example.com separately.
[/quote]was that a recent change ? when i applied for beta

i submitted

domain.com, le1.domain.com, le2.domain.com, le3.domain.com

so domain and subdomains where submitted together.

But now i you need 2 separate beta submissions

one for domain.com

and second for le1.domain.com, le2.domain.com, le3.domain.com ?

guess doesn’t matter much seeing as GA public release is soon anyway

You shouldn’t need two separate submissions. Most people just forgot to include subdomains.

1 Like

Ah i see… thanks @kelunik