Website goes down every night

I'm using now LetsEncrypt SSL on my Ubuntu Server with Wordpress and Cloudflare (Apache+MariaDB).
Before installing SSL the server was running great, but now every day at 9pm the site goes down until 11pm and I don't know why, I start to think it's SSL. Although, when that happens, I can enter the site by IP, but not by domain..

If someone can help me with this I will aprecciate it a lot. I cannot find anything on logs of Apache...

My domain is: empregomais.com

My web server is (include version): Ubuntu Server 20.04

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: OVH

The version of certbot: certbot 1.10.1

It would be good if you can get a screenshot of what you see when you try visit the site between 9pm and 11pm.

The exact error (timeout or other networking error or SSL error) will be the most helpful thing to figure out what's happening.

@_az

The site is working now, but the error is the follow: "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT".

Thanks buddy.

1 Like

It's odd to see that error if you are using Cloudflare.

Is it an actual browser error that says ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT, or is an error page with Cloudflare branding on it?

I don't think it's likely that SSL is going to be the cause of this.

If you setup some free uptime monitoring somewhere like uptimerobot.com, I'd be interested to know whether it also reports the same error message.

It's an actual browser error... I'm actually using uptimerobot and the bot does not detect the page offline, which is strange.

Whenever this occurs, I ask different people to enter the site and the same thing happens to them.

I can't even ping the site when it happens..

To me, it sounds like a connectivity issue between your browser and the Cloudflare network. When you ping your domain, you're pinging Cloudflare's anycast servers, rather than your actual OVH server.

However, if this is happening to people from other households as well ... that really puzzles me.

If you can gather more data, you might be able to get better help at https://community.cloudflare.com.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.