Webmin - Convert Test Certificate to Production Server

Have been using LE on Ubuntu 16.04 via Webmin.

I originally tried a “Test” Cert and now want to change the LE Cert to a Production version.

What is the best method to achieve this?

Any assistance appreciated.

Thank you

Peter

Hello @GetSmarts

how did you do that? With a client like Certbot? Or is this a Webmin-Feature?

Just create a new certificate and make sure to select the Real server and not the Staging server.

Thank you very much for your response.

I have tried to do that and in doing so I get the message as follows:

Error signing certificate: 429 Error creating new cert :: too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains: soc01.xxxxxxxcentre.com.au: see https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/

I have read the rate limits and do not believe that we have surpassed any limits.

So a little confused.

Thank you again.

HI,

It was done directly via Webmin

Thank you.

You have issued exactly 5 of the same duplicate certificate for your "soc01" domain within the last 7 days.

The means you've hit the Duplicate Certificate limit as written on Rate Limits - Let's Encrypt . The first was on 2018-06-13 04:33:07 +0000 UTC, so you'll be able to issue the next one exactly 7 days after that.

One workaround is to issue a certificate that would not count as a duplicate, e.g. if it had both soc01 and soc02 as domains on it.

Thank you very much for your advice.

That has fixed the issue.

Much appreciated.

Regards

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.