Too many certificates already issued

I was doing an installation and ending with errors so I initialized the server and tried a couple of times and this morning I bumped against

reate new order error. Le_OrderFinalize not found. {
  "type": "urn:ietf:params:acme:error:rateLimited",
  "detail": "Error creating new order :: too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains: copybot.gq: see https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/",
  "status": 429
}

I may have issued a new cert about those 5 times but I tried after more than 3 hours and it still doesn’t work. What can I do?

My domain is: copybot.gq

My web server is (include version): ubuntu 18.04

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): nginx

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

Hi @ServerNoob

please read the link:

If you’ve hit a rate limit, we don’t have a way to temporarily reset it. You’ll need to wait until the rate limit expires after a week.

One week, really

I read that page and I got the impression certbot could issue 50 times

Juergen is there any way to go around this?

Checked your domain - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=copybot.gq#ct-logs

Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-10-29 2020-01-27 copybot.gq - 1 entries duplicate nr. 5 next Letsencrypt certificate: 2019-11-05 00:02:51
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-10-29 2020-01-27 copybot.gq - 1 entries duplicate nr. 4
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-10-29 2020-01-27 copybot.gq - 1 entries duplicate nr. 3
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-10-29 2020-01-27 copybot.gq - 1 entries duplicate nr. 2
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-10-29 2020-01-27 copybot.gq - 1 entries duplicate nr. 1

If you create a certificate, then save it, so you can re-use the certificate if something goes wrong.

Please read the link.

A certificate is considered a renewal (or a duplicate) of an earlier certificate if it contains the exact same set of hostnames, ignoring capitalization and ordering of hostnames. For instance, if you requested a certificate for the names [ www.example.com , example.com ], you could request four more certificates for [ www.example.com , example.com ] during the week. If you changed the set of hostnames by adding [ blog.example.com ], you would be able to request additional certificates.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.