Url with port doesnt get the certificate

Hi,

Can someone look at this problem i have. On all domains on this server Let’s Encrypt works great but not on the domains that have port 8443 behind the url

Thanks in advance

My domain is: https://hosting.computerselection.nl:8443/

I ran this command: Renew by Letrs encrypt extension in plesk

It produced this output: DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_DATE_INVALID

My web server is (include version): Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #42

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): CentOS 6.9

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

That isn't a domain, that's a URL. Let's Encrypt doesn't issue certs for URLs, they issue certs for domains.

Rephrasing @danb35:

In order for the URL to work, you would need to request certificate on hostname hosting.computerselection.nl then bind the certificate to port 8443. (Which I believe can be found on your control panel)

Thank you

1 Like

Maybe the names that are using port 8443 are using a different server than those that use port 443, and so even if Plesk correctly obtains certificates for them, maybe it doesn’t know how to configure them on the port 8443 server? (That’s what @stevenzhu refers to as needing to “bind the certificate to port 8443”.)

Right now both port 443 and 8443 return a valid certificate for me on that server, so I’m guessing you’ve probably already fixed the problem!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.