Trying to get certbot 0.10 and broke my install

Hi,

Can anyone help me figure out how to fix certbot?

I installed certbot-apache on a CentOS 7 machine … all was working fine until I tried to install certbot and certbot-external-auth with pip

pip install certbot
pip install certbot-external-auth

OR maybe it was pip update that broke it, but anyway now when I try to run certbot I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/bin/certbot”, line 5, in
from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 3030, in
@_call_aside
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 3014, in _call_aside
f(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 3043, in _initialize_master_working_set
working_set = WorkingSet._build_master()
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 654, in _build_master
ws.require(requires)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 968, in require
needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 854, in resolve
raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The ‘certbot==0.9.3’ distribution was not found and is required by the application

Thanks
~Randy

try pip install certbot==0.9.3

this should fix the problem as it’s broken dependencies that are causing your issue

note: i am assuming that you have pip installed on your system if you don’t let me know

it’s still available

andrei

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.