Too many certificates

The one I just got this morning is installed in the webapp that has serious problem. I can not use the webapp. that's why I have to set up new webapp. Once I finish this new app, then can I get a certificate over there, new app?

I still don't understand. How did you get the certificate you have now? Using Certbot or something else?

Because you're likely running into the same rate limit again if you throw this certificate away, again.......

3 Likes

Sorry for my english... I deployed "www.easygoshuttle.com.au" with the ssl certificate but it does not work at all. it says 'disallowed ... and add 'localhost'... ' something like this message. In order to fix this problem, I did pretty much everything but failed. I have to run this website for the business. now for two days it was stopped. no website online.

I think django secret key is very sensitive and something wrong. so I have to build up new django project but this is going to be the same domain name, which is "easygoshuttle.com.au"

Once I finish the new webapp, then I need the certificate for the deployment online. That's why I ask you about this question.

Please allow me to use once more for the new web application. I could not fix this problem. I have no choice to build up new one again. This is going to be the last I promise. Thanks

are you able to ssh into old webapp?

2 Likes

yes I can

Sorry I can not.... I deleted old one....

your dns servers are failing where it's pointed to?
com.au says your nameserver should be on ns-cloud-b1.googledomains.com but it doesn't look like

btw duplicate certificate ratelimit is just for that exact set of domains, adding a subdomain will bypass the ratelimit.
you should fix the DNS server first though

and backup privekey until you sure webserver will work more than a month or so

3 Likes

How?

Please always copy/paste as much of the origin log file / error message as possible with as much context as possible. We cannnot help you with these kind of vague information I'm afraid.

As said, you might be perfectly fine temporarily by running just HTTP without HTTPS.

I have no clue what this all means. Django is unfamiliar for me and possibly with many other volunteers. You might want to include a LOT more information and context when talking about Django. For example, how does Django relate to nginx?

Rate limits are not controlled by humans. If you hit a rate limit, we cannot do anything about this.

Does Certbot still have the certificate you issued yesterday?

2 Likes

Osiris, Thanks for your help sincerely

But I deleted the instance, so all gone.

I did try build up new webapp, but same domain name. after done this, I tried to get the certificate again.

Now I am in the same situation... I have to wait another 2 days.

I could not leave the business for more than 4 days shut down. I did get the certificate by paying money for a year.

I really appreciate your help. Thanks a lot

You need to learn how to backup, and restore, the certificates folder before doing something like that [over and over again].

3 Likes

I did not know I could use the certificate again. If I knew, then I would have copied it, of course. Next time, I will do it. Thanks your help.

1 Like

I'm sorry, but I explicitely said NOT to do delete the certificate you got.

I'm very sorry, but if given advice is not followed, I cannot help you further and I will not reply in this thread again. Good luck with your endeavours.

4 Likes

Osiris I remember you. you always help me and others. I am doing this to fix the problem for 4 days now. poor me. I think it should be okay by tomorrow. Thanks anyway.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.