Too many certificates

No; Do not delete directories.
Only install or remove programs.

That is not the latest certbot.
I would recommend removing that APT version and installing the latest version.

2 Likes

I have been waitting for you answer all day long... and I just uninstalled and deleted all directories, except those following:

/snap/certbot
/snap/certbot/2772/bin/certbot
/snap/certbot/2772/lib/python3.8/site-packages/certbot

What shall I do next then? last night I could not sleep at all... Please help me to fix this problem... website down now.. please...

If I wait until tomorrow morning, Can I get SSL from Lets Encrypt? I can not leave the situation like this.. business is now stopped. please help me

I suggest you first try with testing/staging environment before trying to get a cert from the production environment.
sudo certbot --nginx --dry-run

2 Likes

yes sir! I will try that command now

it says again "sudo: certbot: command not found"

I think I did uninstall certbot. that's why I got this command. Do you want me to install certbot again?

If there would be some problem to get ssl cert because of uninstalling and deleting the directories, I could get new instance again.... what do you think of that?

I am still waiting for you.....

Please note that this is a community of volunteers with different time zones. Such posts will not help you at all. In fact, such demanding requests might even scare volunteers away.

In short: deleting Certbot doesn't help you. If you deleted it, you obviously can't run Certbot. If you'd like to use Certbot again, you need to re-install it. Rate limits cannot be reset. You can find out more about rate limits in the rate limit documentation which is also mentioned in the rate limit error provided by the ACME server, including how you can circumvent this specific rate limit. Please don't ask about this, but simply read the documentation. You can always reconfigure your webserver without HTTPS and use HTTP only.

4 Likes

Thanks for your message and help. much appreciated.

4 Likes

Testing and debugging are best done using the Staging Environment as the Rate Limits are much higher.

And there are other Free ACME Certificate Authorities to choose from

1 Like

Thank you so much. I will help others like you guys!! really much appreciated. God bless you

2 Likes

Can I ask one more question? I found out what the problem is... django has some problem occurred. therefore I have to build up django web from the scratch now. After I finish it, can I transfer the certificate to the new webapp? instead of installing again.

Do you have a certificate?

1 Like

I reinstalled successfully and got a certificate this morning but the webpage is not working... and I believe now django secret key is being corrupted.

it ask me to add 'localhost' but I did pretty much everything to fix this problem... I can not do. that's why I have to do it all again now.

Well, that's good. Now, please don't delete it again.

I have no clue how Django works. If you have nginx as a reverse proxy in front of Django, nginx should do all the HTTPS and certificate stuff. The rest, i.e., Django et cetera, is outside of the scope of this Community I'm afraid.

2 Likes

Thanks Osiris
You're always helpful. I did not ask about the django and this problem. That is my problem. Once I set up new web app, can I get certificate again? domain is the same as before, 'easygoshuttle.com.au'

1 Like

I don't understand. You just said you already have a certificate. Why would you want to get another one? Just use the one you already have.

2 Likes