Too many certificates (5) already issued for this exact set of domains in the last 168 hours

I followed this link - letsencrypt tomcat keystore - YouTube to install SSL on my Ubuntu server

My domain is: yoskaonline.com

I ran this command: sudo certbot certonly --csr request.csr

It produced this output: Error creating new order :: too many certificates (5) already issued for this exact set of domains in the last 168 hours: yoskaonline.com, retry after 2023-04-07T15:34:54Z: see Duplicate Certificate Limit - Let's Encrypt

My web server is (include version): Tomcat

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): certbot 2.5.0

Was there a question?

4 Likes

Please use one of the previously issued 5 certificates, thank you.

3 Likes

I revoke all the previous cert

How to add SSL Cert on tomcat server

Do not revoke certificate. There are only small number of well-defined reasons to revoke certificate (for example compromised key). Instead of revoking, just simply disregard their existence.

6 Likes

Why did you revoke them? The error message is very clear: you've abused the Let's Encrypt service by creating five identical certificates within a week, which there's no legitimate reason to do. You've asked them to do work for you, and you've thrown that work away. You'll now need to wait until 1534Z today to create another one. While you're waiting, fix your process so you aren't wasting resources.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.