Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)

My domain is:
datapulse.asuscomm.com

I ran this command:
docker compose run --rm certbot certonly --webroot --webroot-path=/var/www/certbot --email tanuj.shriyan.nfirelabs@gmail.com --agree-tos --no-eff-email -d datapulse.asuscomm.com

It produced this output:
WARN[0000] /home/nfire-server/datapulse/docker-compose.yml: version is obsolete
[+] Creating 3/0
:heavy_check_mark: Container datapulse-db-1 Running 0.0s
:heavy_check_mark: Container datapulse-django-1 Running 0.0s
:heavy_check_mark: Container datapulse-nginx-1 Running 0.0s
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Requesting a certificate for datapulse.asuscomm.com

Certbot failed to authenticate some domains (authenticator: webroot). The Certificate Authority reported these problems:
Domain: datapulse.asuscomm.com
Type: connection
Detail: 77.86.41.19: Fetching http://datapulse.asuscomm.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/hf-QozVfo6h2kSk2g9VWWL2t1F_CoVD_j7IpZg6x7KU: Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)

Hint: The Certificate Authority failed to download the temporary challenge files created by Certbot. Ensure that the listed domains serve their content from the provided --webroot-path/-w and that files created there can be downloaded from the internet.

Some challenges have failed.
Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.

My web server is (include version):
Unsure. I am running the server on Nginx
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Ubuntu
My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
I don#t know
I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):certbot 2.11.0

Hello @tanujshriyan, welcome to the Let's Encrypt community. :slightly_smiling_face:

As shown below, Singapore maybe being geo blocked.

Please read these:

Thanks for replying @Bruce5051 but I am not in Singapore. I am in United Kingdoms

2 Likes

@tanujshriyan Let's Encrypt sends multiple HTTP requests from various locations around the world. Your error said this request failed and Bruce thought maybe it was because of the check from the Singapore servers.

I don't think that was why you saw timeout. If the only failure was from there we should see "Secondary" in the error message and we did not.

I checked connections to your domain from various places this morning and all looks good.

Does the problem repeat?

And, why are you getting another cert so soon after your last one on Jun14? Renewals are recommended for 90-day certs 30 days before expiry.

2 Likes

@tanujshriyan to explain why I check Singapore, doesn't matter that you are in the United Kingdom or anywhere else on the planet, please read these: