The certificate has the following errors certificate 1 cn xxx has 1validation error Cert_not_yet_valid

I am having WHM and whenever I tried to install SSL to any of the cPanel it installs it with the warning which shows that :
the certificate has the following errors certificate 1 cn xxx has 1validation error Cert_not_yet_valid

Can anyone help me in this why is this error being displayed?

1 Like

You're not providing much information, but my guess with the limited amount of info is that the clock (time and/or date) of the host isn't set properly.

3 Likes

server clock is being set already but still its the same issue.

I don't know. All Let's Encrypt certificates are already valid one hour before issuance, so they can't be "not yet valid". (Unless the client or servers clock is more than 1 hour behind.) Also, all currently known certificates for the domain [redacted].com are either still valid or already expired and not set into the futue: crt.sh | [redacted].com

So with the minimal info from the screenshot, I don't know what is going on. You also seem to be on shared hosting using cPanel for your certificate management. It's probably best to contact your hosting provider with this issue.

2 Likes

Osiris Thanks for your reply my friend but I talked with my hosting provider, he claims that server time is set to be ok and this is the issue he is also facing on all the domains not only on this domain. Can you tell me the ticket link so that I can share with him and he can open up a technical support ticket.

1 Like

Sounds like a big problem for your hosting provider. And probably your hosting provider is also the one who needs to fix this, probably nothing you can do.

Also, I'm fairly certain this is not a Let's Encrypt related issue, as already stated, all certs for your domain are perfectly valid. So it must be something else.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.