Certificate not yet valid after renewal?

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is: the domain is used for sstp tunnel on a router

I ran this command: within GUI operation

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): no webserver running

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): RouterOS 6.37.4

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):yes
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

I renewed certificate about 2 hours ago using https://www.sslforfree.com/ with DNS verification.
After I installed the certificate, I found that it’s invalid before Jun/12/2017 11:18:00, which is just 5min before the old certificate expires. But it’s 6:50 GMT now and means the new certificate is not yet valid?

Unless something’s changed, the start time for a Let’s Encrypt certificate is 1 hour before it was issued (with minute precision).

Unless something’s quite wrong, probably your computer has an inaccurate clock, or a surprising time zone setting, or both.

@mnordhoff
my computer and router are set to correct time and timezone(GMT+8), and the sstp server using the new certificate is working correctly.
if the “invalid before” timezone is GMT+8, it’s definitely 1 hour before issue, but firefox says it’s a GMT timezone.
So, what should be the timezone of “invalid before”?

Certificates are NOT issued in your time zone.
They are always issued in GMT time zone.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.