NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID after manual renewal

After working through the following problem, I tested renewal by running sudo letsencrypt renew. It renewed last night before the cert expired, but now I get an error from chrome that the cert date is invalid, NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID.

So what happened, and how do I fix this now that this website is unreachable?

https://heartyk9s.ca

I responded on the other thread.

Have you restarted your webserver (nginx) so that it loads and uses the new certificate ?

It’s working now after a restart.

I restarted it last night just before the renewal, but wasn’t aware I needed to restart afterwards. On this and my other websites I have a cron job renewal running with this same method and never needed to restart those.

Glad you got it working :slight_smile:

I suspect in your other cron job renewals that there is something somewhere reloading the web server if it works nicely.

Yeah, I’ll check into that.

Thanks for your very quick response! Can I buy you a beer?? :relaxed:

:beers: You’re welcome :slight_smile: All part of the community here, so no need for extra beer :beer:

Or are using the apache plugin, which reloads the webserver itself. :slight_smile:

By the way, about the beer: please accept such beer offerings and pass them on to me! :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.