Synology DSM 6.1 - Additional Domains for Existing Certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is:cloudrop.co

I ran this command:?

It produced this output: ?

My operating system is (include version):SYNOLOGY DSM 6.1

My web server is (include version):Apache 2.4

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:myself

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):I can

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):DSM 6.1 control panel

hi @kaanpeker

Create a new certificate with all your domains and reinstall

You have not articulated how you obtained the certificate intially so that’s the best help I can offer.

Andrei

thanks a lot!

I try to understand is there any limitation to create a cert for a specific domain and subdomains and then remove it from system for adding new subdomains to that particular domain ?

I use a web interface and dashboard for doing this on Synology DSM 6.1. The certification can automatically add and remove via this interface. I do not create or modify any configuration files.

and forgot to ask :slight_smile: what is the limit for subdomain number ?

BEST

The rate limits for new certificates are described at

https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/

You can get 100 names in a single certificate, but you can only get a limited number of separate new certificates per week that cover names within the same domain.

so what is the best and the rightest way to add new subdomains (a1.example.com / a2.example.com) to the existing certificate issued by Let’s Encrypt ? do I need to remove the certificate from my Synology Web Server and re-issue certificate with new extended subdomains ? or is there any way to add new subdomains to the cert without re-issuing certificate?

Certificates can only ever be changed by reissuing them, although some software typically hides this fact from the user.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.