SSL Renew Issue

I ran this command:certbot-auto renew

It produced this output:certbot-auto: command not found

My web server is (include version):Apache…

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):Ubuntu 16.04

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):Yes

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):Command not found

This is my output and what im seeing

• unifiuser@unifi:~$ cd /etc/letsencrypt/
  • unifiuser@unifi:/etc/letsencrypt$ ls
  • accounts archive csr keys live renewal renewal-hooks
  • unifiuser@unifi:/etc/letsencrypt$ cd
  • unifiuser@unifi:~$ ls
  • certbot-auto unifi-import-cert.sh
  • unifiuser@unifi:~$ certbot-auto -renew
  • certbot-auto: command not found
  • unifiuser@unifi:~$ certbot-auto renew
  • unifiuser@unifi:~$ certbot-auto --version
  • unifiuser@unifi:~$ certbot-auto version
  • unifiuser@unifi:~$ cd /etc/letsencrypt/
  • unifiuser@unifi:/etc/letsencrypt$ ls
  • accounts archive csr keys live renewal renewal-hooks
  • unifiuser@unifi:/etc/letsencrypt$ cd
  • unifiuser@unifi:~$ letsencrypte renew
  • No command ‘letsencrypte’ found, did you mean:
  • Command ‘letsencrypt’ from package ‘letsencrypt’ (universe)
  • letsencrypte: command not found
  • unifiuser@unifi:~$

Cert is going to expire soon, can anyone help me?

Might want to check with your network administrator since the program is not being found in the search path and needs to be added.

When you use certbot-auto, you normally download it into some particular directory. Then you would normally run it from that directory with ./certbot-auto.

Unix systems normally don’t let you run programs from your current directory unless you explicitly add the ./ at the beginning. So for most programs you’ve downloaded yourself, you’ll need the ./ in order to tell your shell that you really want to run a program out of the current directory.

If you don’t remember where you downloaded this program, you might try locate certbot-auto, or look at your shell history with history.

In my post i did an ls in the directory i am in and it shows that certbot-auto is there in that directory. My ssl cert shows that it was verified by Let’s Encrypt but no matter what commands i run it does not recognize them.

All i am doing is trying to get the SSL Cert to renew, if i have to rip it out and put a new one in then i will just need to research how to remove it and re add it.

Right, but you said you ran certbot-auto renew; as I discussed above, the correct command would probably be ./certbot-auto renew. The ./ at the beginning is likely to be mandatory.

See, for example,

for a description of the need for the ./ to run a program from the current directory on Unix systems.