Ssl for a wordpress woocommerce shop

hi.
I am new and want to add a ssl certificate for a wordpress woocommerce shop.

My domain is: arduinoshop.tk

I login to the shop over onshop.de to change it and will get a control panel.
i use woocommerce Version 2.6.14

Hope you can help how i can use your lets encrypt ssl certificate for my onlineshop.

kindly regads

hi @haiflosse

review how to configure SSL on woocomerce here: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/ssl-and-https/

You can obtain a certificate using your preferred method

Andrei

kindly regards for your answer.
so I must buy an ssl certificate?
in my portal of onshop.de I have activate to use secure HTTPS/SSL/TLS the Let’s Encrypt certificate.
I cannot find the menue settings
WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > Checkout Options > Force secure checkout.
Hope you can still help me.
kindly regads

That doesn't configure TLS (SSL), it just forces a redirect or some of the kind/ WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin and doesn't have the capability to configure TLS.

Not necessarily, it depends on many things. Things like which hosting provider you have (I assume onshop.de?) or which control panel, can you login with root et cetera.

By the way, all those important things were asked when you started this thread. You only answered the "domain" question, but chose to remove all the other questions? Why? You dó understand I don't have the time nor patience to ask all those questions again so I (we) can help you further?

Hi sorry for my few answers.
My english ist not the best and I don’t know much about it.
So I tried again to answer all questions.

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is: arduinoshop.tk… It is a Forward adress which I have registerd at onshop.de. The Domain there is arduino.wooqr.com

I ran this command: I don’t know which command I must ran?

It produced this output: Therefore I will not get any Output.

My operating system is (include version): I use Windows 10 1607 with different browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Edge)

My web server is (include version): I don’t use a web Server. I use only the Login of onshop.de

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: onshop.de

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): I don’t have a root Shell. I will get only a Login Portal at onshop.de

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
I use the Control Panel of onshop and when I edit my Domain I will get the Control Panel of wordpress with woocommerce as plugin.

I have done some Pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hbfdcsiwx7ss4of/AAChmUGVVeUr_mWN1dN7kUPha?dl=0

Hope somebody can still help me again.
kindly regards

That is probably going to be a bit of a problem. The URL Forwarder uses frames and is hosted at FreeNoms webservers. If they don't support TLS (SSL), you can't set up TLS with such an URL Forwarding service.

The alternative is using the Freenom DNS Service, so you'd bypass those nasty frame-set, directly pointing the hostname arduinoshop.tk to the Onshop.de IP address. But, the servers of Onshop.de should be configured to using the hostname arduinoshop.tk. Currently, it is configured for arduino.wooqr.com.

But, most importantly, the servers of onshop.de must be configurable for TLS. As you're using a control panel (which version? cPanel? A onshop.de custom panel?) and you're not able to login as root, you totally rely on the services onshop.de is offering. If they don't offer the installation of a TLS certificate, there aren't any options I'm afraid.

Edit
You already have a valid Let's Encrypt certificate for arduino.wooqr.com: https://arduino.wooqr.com/ (I missed the control panel screenshots.)

It might be possible to set the hostname in the Onshop.de control panel to arduinoshop.tk and consequentely change the URL Forwarder at FreeNom to their DNS Service, pointing it to the IP address of Onshop.de. But as this is not very easy to do both at exactly the same time, you might have some downtime of the site. Also, you might want to talk to Onshops support if this is actually possible and if the control panel will generate a Let's Encrypt certificate for arduinoshop.tk automatically.

Edit
Skip that too.. The Let's Encrypt certificate is for peachybit.com?!? I'd suggest taking this up with Onshops support if I were you...

Kindly regards for your answer.
I have already tried to contact onshop.de but they will not answer. Also I tried to make a phone without any answer. I also noticed the Facebook site. The last entry is from 2014. So I think this Project is dead.

I think I must search for an other solution.
kindly regards.

If you want to change hosting provider, you might want to take a look at this list: Web hosting who support Let's Encrypt.

Kindly regards for your answer.
I thought let’s encrypt is free but I have noticed that I must pay 12 Euro for one year at edis.at.
Is this o.k.?
kindly regards

The certificate is free, but a hosting provider can charge you whatever they want for the """service""".

In my opinion, a hosting provider should provide Let's Encrypt certificates free of charge and many of them do. However, it would cost a provider some effort (time and therefore money) to develop a well integrated system for issuing certificates automatically (although cPanel has a free plugin for that...) and would have to answer to a few extra support calls.

If I were you, I'd look at other hosting providers :slight_smile:

Kindly regards for an answer.
I will look for a Provider which can also offer ODBC Connection and free ssl.
May you know a good Provider. I prefer in my Country Austria or germany
kindly regards

Sorry, I don't. I don't host any professional stuff and as a consequence, I'm fine with hosting everything behind my own DSL line :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.