Ssl certificate not cretaed

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: ozonechain.io

I ran this command: salt minion state.apply letsencrypt,nginx_mystate

It produced this output: nginx: [emerg] cannot load certificate "/etc/letsencrypt/live/ozonechain.io/fullchain.pem": BIO_new_file() failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:fopen('/etc/letsencrypt/live/ozonechain.io/fullchain.pem','r') error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file)
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):debain

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: AWS

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):certbot 1.12.0

It appears that your nginx configuration is calling for a certificate file that doesn't exist, which is preventing it from starting. There were two certs issued for that domain on 8 and 12 September (and several others for subdomains of that domain since then), and they'd still be valid--do you still have the files for one of those certs?

I'd otherwise say, since I have no idea what salt minion is, you might be better off seeking support through whatever channels they have.

5 Likes

I tend to disagree with your title "Ssl certificate not cretaed".
I find in the list of issued certificates crt.sh | ozonechain.io, the latest certificate being issued 2022-11-10, which I believe is a Created Certificate.
And SSL Server Test (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs) is showing SSL Server Test: ozonechain.io (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs)

So it seems you are serving the Certificate that I believe has been Created.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.