Ssl certificate access issue

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: merchanatbay.com

I have successfully generate my SSL certificate. But, maybe I missed one thing when I setup this.
I ran this command "sudo certbot --apache -d merchantbay.com -d merchantbay.com"

Now, I can't access the site using www and it's showing error message.

What should I do to solve this issue?

Thanks in Advance.

Hi @awsmerchantbay

that domain doesn't exist, so it's not your domain.

merchantbay.com exists - and the error is expected - see https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=merchantbay.com

Host Type IP-Address is auth. ∑ Queries ∑ Timeout
merchantbay.com A 52.74.23.109 Singapore//Singapore (SG) - Amazon.com, Inc. Hostname: ec2-52-74-23-109.ap-southeast-1.compute.amazonaws.com yes 1 0
AAAA yes
www.merchantbay.com Name Error yes 1 0

The www version isn't defined, so you can't use it.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Can you please let me know where should I define the www version?

Thanks.

I might be missing something, but why would you enter the same hostname twice on the command line? This note towards the double identical hostname without a www subdomain might also hint you towards how you could add the www subdomain to your certificate :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.