Same Let's Encrypt Account on multiple servers

Hopefully someone will know the answer to this, but is it possible to use the same Let’s Encrypt account on multiple virtual servers.

I only ask because I know other people here specify the accounturi parameter in their CAA records.

The client I use is ACME.SH, that has files in the CA/acme-v02.api folder called “account.json”, “account.key”, “ca.conf”.

The “CA.conf” has the account URL with the full path “https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/acct/XXXXXXXX” which I guess is all you would need for the “accounturi” parameter on the CAA record? but obviously to do that all the servers would have to use that account URI

You can use the same account on any number of servers.

I would advise against that though:

  • if one server becomes compromised, you’ll have to revoke the certs/keys on the other servers
  • there are per-account rate-limits

I just wanted to know if it was possible.

It seems to not be possible as @JuergenAuer mentioned he tried here:

and Let's Encrypt seemed to not issue the certificate. Although I'm not entirely sure if the accounturi parameter is supported on the production environment yet?

Edit: The below links seem to suggest the production environment does not yet support the extra parameters: