Resolved: Protection only for webmail but not for domain

Hi,

I hope I’m right here, my knowledge on webdesign/webhosting is very limited.

My domain is xxxxx. It's a small website, it’ handwritten code, it's not responsive … but it‘s been working and my friend likes it. Lately there hasn't been a valid certificate, so I installed a Let‘s Encrypt certificate. The problem is that the certificate only installs for webmail but not for the domain.

I have another domain were everything works fine, xxxxx

Additional information: xxxxx leads to the plesk login of my domain.

Any ideas? Is this actually a problem related to the Let‘s encrypt certificate?

Thanks & kind regards
Thorsten

This is not an issue, it's just that lomakincello.net and webmail.lomakincello.net are two different domains, as far as certificates are concerned.

If you want both covered, you either get a certificate that supports both, or you get a certificate for each.

Plesk should have some interface to do this, but I do not know it.

Moreover, lomakincello.net is currently serving a certificate that's only valid for wfpu1.de.

1 Like

Thanks. I understand. The wfpu stuff somehow comes from my former provider …

How hard should installing a new certificate be? What I was expecting is: I log in to plesk, I choose xxxxx out of my domains, I select SSL-/TLS-certificates, I click on Renew certicificate and I choose the Let‘s encrypt certificate.*

Should it be like that or is it just not that easy?

*EDIT: What‘s written above is what I did 48 hours ago.

I assume that should cover it. But every system is different and I don't know yours, or how your provider has set it up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.