Renew my certificate

Hi,

My certificate for my domain is expiring soon, how do I re-new that certificate or where do I request for another one. The previous IT manager seemed to have received the certificate we currently use from this site. My domain is: medusarcm.com

Thanks

1 Like

I've moved your thread to the #help section, as your question is not about issuance tech specifically (it's not a question about the technology, but you want to have something issued, two different things). In the #help section you would have been provided with the questionnaire I'll put below. Please answer all the questions to the best of your knowledge and we'll go from there:

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

3 Likes

My domain is: medusarcm.com

I ran this command: No commands yet

It produced this output: No outputs yet

My web server is (include version): Rhapsody IDE Version 6.6.2

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Windows Server 2016

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Not sure

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): R3

I think I answered these questions correctly, not 100% sure

The cert history for the exact name medusarcm.com shows active certificates from both Let's Encrypt and Cloudflare, and when adding in the wildcards and other subdomains, it looks like you also use DigiCert, cPanel, and Google Trust for various names. So it looks like your domain has a lot going on.

To try to answer your original question, all Let's Encrypt certificates are issued via an automatic protocol, and are usually set up such that they'll renew automatically when needed. So if that isn't working, you need to go find what system is trying to issue them (if you're on Windows, I'd look under Windows in the Client List and see if anything looks like it might be installed on the server), look at its logs, and see if you can figure out why it isn't renewing automatically. (If you can report an error message from the logs, it's more likely that people here will be able to help you, though most of the time it just boils down to "Let's Encrypt can't connect to your server" or "Your server can't connect to Let's Encrypt".)

6 Likes

I may have pointed you in the wrong direction; it looks like your server is nginx (at least based on the HTTP Server header that it sends), so you might need to look for Certbot or some other client, just because most of the "Windows" items on the list are more focused on IIS integration, though probably some of them can do nginx as well).

Really though, it boils down to that someone at your organization is much more likely to know what system is renewing the certificate (or not) than any of us random people on the Internet.

6 Likes

I see a fresh cert being used by your nginx server that was created just a few hours ago.

Is there a different domain name that is having a problem?

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.