Renew Certificate

Hello - I’ve received an email from you saying that I need to renew my certificates for: janreiki.com and
www.janreiki.com.
I’ve attempted to get on to my website and get the error message’ Error establishing a database connection
Does this mean my certificate have already expired?
I’m not very tech savvy, so if you can help, I’d need a step by step guide.
I did have two tech guys helping me but they have gone incommunicado.
Hope you can help,
Thanks,
Jan
Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: janreiki.com

I ran this command: attempted to get on web site

It produced this output:Error establishing a database connection

My web server is (include version): digital ocean

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): sorry, I don’t know

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:digital ocean

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):no

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):sorry, I don’t know

Hi @janreiki,

I'm not seeing the db error right now but your certificate is not expired... not yet but it will expire in 14 days so you should take care and renew it as soon as possible to avoid problems trying to reach your site once the cert expires.

Also, browsers mark your site as not secure because of mixed-content, that is, you are serving resources (images, javascript, etc.) from non https sites, take a look to this report https://www.whynopadlock.com/results/242baa07-e69c-45d1-900f-de30beb772b8

Cheers,
sahsanu

Thanks very much. Can you possibly give me a step by step guide as to how I renew my certificates
I really have no idea
TIA

Hi @janreiki,

Your certificate was renewed 4 days ago, indeed you have 2 certificates:

CRT ID     CERT TYPE   DOMAIN (CN)   VALID FROM             VALID TO               EXPIRES IN  SANs
917854519  Final cert  janreiki.com  2018-Nov-04 16:08 UTC  2019-Feb-02 16:08 UTC  86 days     dev.janreiki.com
                                                                                               janreiki.com
                                                                                               www.janreiki.com               
917829458  Final cert  janreiki.com  2018-Nov-04 15:50 UTC  2019-Feb-02 15:50 UTC  86 days     dev.janreiki.com
                                                                                               janreiki.com       

You are using the certificate covering domains janreiki.com and dev.janreiki.com but maybe your site should use the certificate that covers www.janreiki.com, janreiki.com and dev.janreiki.com.

If you didn’t renew them maybe it was an automatic process or digital ocean’s support did it for you… if you don’t even know if you are using a control panel maybe you should contact support team so they can help you to figure out how your certificates are renewed and how to use the right certificate that covers your 3 domains.

Cheers,
sahsanu

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.