Refused to connect? Need organization?

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:
2bree.com
I ran this command:cert search on Let’s Encrypt debug tool

It produced this output:refused to connect

My web server is (include version):
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
my laptop (HP WINDOWS 10) went blank in the couple days. I have a modem router at home through Xfinity comcast. Arris is the name of it. I have been testing and bouncing around a lot of different website builders and hosting platforms maybe I did something there but it was definitely on accident and I do own that domain. Right now I’m using Weebly to continue building, but I would like to eventually get to WordPress standards or connect the pages. I should mention that I am a complete laymon and self-taught from an Android phone. My apologies!
My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
I have G-suite a Google domain and my Wi-fi at the house is Xfinity.
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):no

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
no
The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):hsd1.ga.comcast.net (I don’t think that’s the answer you were looking for but I’m not sure if the last question)

1 Like

Hi @2bellbree,

I’m having trouble understanding what your question is. Is the problem that you’re asking about with your Windows 10 laptop, or with the web site that you’re developing?

It sounds like your laptop isn’t working properly at the moment, and also you’re wondering how to develop your site in the future without using Weebly. Is that right?

3 Likes

“I have been testing and bouncing around a lot of different website builders and hosting platforms”

The way I read it, she had been attempting to build a website using various website builders as well as trying them out on various hosting platforms. The fact that her laptop stopped working has probably nothing to do with this. She may had run into a problem loading and swapping between different builds of her website. Regardless, her site is secure… shows the green in Firefox. Everything appears to be working fine.

So, it doesn’t appear she actually needs help with a CA, just website building. Am I correct in that assumption, @2bellbree?

3 Likes

Thank you so much for responding I’m sorry if I’m not making myself clear. I am trying to tell you a lot of information all at once and likely I’m not doing it well. The computer may not have anything to do with the website at all, but it’s all part of my jumbled mess. What I I am trying to accomplish is having a website with different pages I sell purses for charity and I don’t need a lot of blogging or anything and I just but I would like to post on different social platforms and I would like to mainly operate that from my phone. I was thinking that maybe I don’t have a port right and I definitely probably screwed some apis up that’s what I’ve been figuring out today.

1 Like

What exactly is the problem you are having? Are some webpages not rendering properly on your Android? Or are you having a problem linking to other platforms such as WordPress, etc.? I see your store links to your Facebook page. Your LetsEncrypt certificate looks okay. It appears your problem is just linking your site to different platforms.

1 Like

Today my Android would not connect to pages I own. Sometimes I panic because I don’t if personal information is going out and I don’t know it. I am having a problem linking everything that I want to link and all the pages that I own and pages that I don’t own anymore to go away and I don’t know if I blocked myself from my own domain inside my house where I can’t see what’s really out there and now I can’t even connect at my site for my phone and not computers down so I don’t know I should do… Likely I have somehow I have done too many things all at once and it is just mixed up now because I would like to integrate more and everything flow and I can’t seem to get that to happen and now I’m just blocked from my phone.

1 Like

Recently I didn’t have my site with https it was only http. I did not know how to correct that… So to sum up what im going on about is I would like to have my website and I want to have my platforms kind of all working together so that I could just maybe put a picture up or a post or whatever and it flow without to much app jumping. I want to do it securely and I want to do it correctly because I thought that maybe my certificate wasn’t right but you said it was so that’s great. I checked the who is and it kept saying server error last night, so I was really confused. it has been extremely hard I only just got that computer a couple 2 months ago and I really started all of this off of my Android 7. I’m likely making it harder on myself than it needs to be but I tend to do that.

1 Like

Your site has been https all day and is currently https. It is redirecting from http to https, but a check does show a 301 http status.

You have more than 1 certificate:

You have a LetsEncrypt certificate valid from 08 Oct 08 2019 14:46:18 UTC until Jan 06 2020 14:46:18 UTC (expires in 2 months and 11 days).

You also have an additional certificate from COMODO RSA that is invalid (not trusted).
Common names *.weebly.site
Alternative names *.weebly.site *.checkout.weebly.site *.editor.website checkout.weebly.site editor.website weebly.site MISMATCH
Valid from 23 Mar 2018 00:00:00 UTC until 22 March 2020 23:59:59 UTC (4 months and 25 days)

There are also 2 other certificate from COMODO RSA, one valid until 11 Feb 2029 23:59:59 UTC (expires in 9 years and 3 months). The other is also from COMODO RSA which is valid until 30 May 2020 (expires in 7 months and 4 days)

Path 1: *.weebly.site has INVALID certificate (self-signed)
Path 2: *.weebly.com has a NOT TRUSTED (invalid certificate) (self signed), "Weak or insecure signature, but no impact on root certificate.

The only protocol configured is TLS 1.2.

HTTP Requests
1 https://2bree.com/ (HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently)

Miscellaneous
Test date Sat, 26 Oct 2019 01:44:15 UTC
Test duration 94.90 seconds
HTTP status code 301
HTTP forwarding https://www.2bree.com
HTTP server signature nginx
Server hostname cms27.weebly.com

Domain Name: 2BREE.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2362950244_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.google.com
Registrar URL: http://domains.google
Updated Date: 2019-09-30T18:40:31Z
Creation Date: 2019-02-22T04:10:53Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2020-02-22T04:10:53Z
Registrar: Google LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 895
Name Server: NS-CLOUD-C1.GOOGLEDOMAINS.COM
Name Server: NS-CLOUD-C2.GOOGLEDOMAINS.COM
Name Server: NS-CLOUD-C3.GOOGLEDOMAINS.COM
Name Server: NS-CLOUD-C4.GOOGLEDOMAINS.COM

To be honest, Bree, I don't think this may be the proper forum for your access problem you're having on your phone, but someone who is more familiar with this may either direct you to a more appropriate help forum, or possibly help you through PMing (Private Messaging)
I did notice that clicking on your "Store" link takes you to your Facebook page instead of an actual "store front". You may need some help with your e-commerce site (setting it up?) and/or properly linking to it instead of your FB page.
But don't get discouraged. You will get everything sorted out. Just have patience and don't try to rush things. "Haste makes waste" is an old saying that is just as relevant as it is today. Take your time, tell exactly what you want to do, and if possible everything you've done so up to this point. Just take your time and don't get frustrated. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Oh wow, u have giving me a lot of information that I will definitely need to take some time to understand better and made sure that I sort out correctly. I do want to move over to the Weebly store from the ecwid store I was using and like I said I was trying a bunch of different platforms such as cloud and leisure so I probably bit of more than I could chew for somebody that doesn’t know anything but it’s a very interesting to me is I find it quite intriguing reading all the repositories on GitHub. I would love to learn to understand that. I just want to double-check that you are telling me the Comodo certificate is not valid and I should definitely get something done with that I thought that I had gotten a certificate from let’s encrypt but maybe maybe I’m wrong… And yes probably at this point I should not beyond public airways talkin everything about my business so I want to tell you thank you very much for your help and thank you very much for your time I really appreciate you taking that time and looking into the stuff that I was saying in trying to help me sort out what my confusion is and now from what you have told me I have some research thing to do so again thank you very much I appreciate your time and I really appreciate you responding to me. I think this is probably the result of me wanting to try to self host my own website and not having any experience or guidance I have made a jumbled mess and I just I just want to do it correctly legally etc. my just wanted my final question would be is there a specific kind of tech person I should talk to or possibly do you have a referral reference to a business or assistance of sorting that out do I need to call Google domains who do I take this next step 2 and but of course other question being you said the one certificate was not valid and there’s my last two questions and I will thank you again for your time so much and not bother you anymore.

1 Like

Possibly should I just transfer out of my domain. Google does has this option??

No, you do have a valid certificate from LetsEncrypt. Your website has the green padlock. :wink: The start and expiry dates are in the above post. The problem is with the COMODO RSA certificates for Weebly.

Don't be so hasty. No need to transfer your domain. See if wherever you purchased your domain from has a support forum or at least a support email address. Whomever is hosting your domain should actually be the one assisting you to get started. I'd check with them before attempting any transfers... which are not necessary unless you're going to switch to a different web host provider.

If you wish, I set up a temporary email address that you can contact me at. I'd hate to leave you out on the doorstep, so to speak, since you are so new to setting things up. Then maybe I can help you get the proper help to straighten everything up, including help to set up your e-commerce store. You can contact me at mailto:jim@ravena.xyz and I'll leave that mailbox up for a couple of weeks.
And it was no bother. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you I really appreciate your helping me. I definitely need some direction lol!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.