Recover User and password for renewal

Please, i need help.

We have received a renewal email from our website. But the previous webmaster has left the organization and we do not have the username and password. This security certificate is from an international organization that I represent and I have your authorization as the current webmaster.

Now our website www.sorig.net is producing an error when entering the web since from day 22 the certificate expired and we do not have access to renew it.

Please, we need help for two things:

1.- How to recover user access and password to renew our https certificate.
2.- How can we remove the certificate error that currently appears on our website until we can make the renewal.

Thank you and I hope your help.

There is no username or password for the Let’s Encrypt service, so there’s nothing to recover. And, since you miscategorized this post in the “Issuance Tech” category rather than the “Help” category, you didn’t see the questions that you should answer to get faster and better answers from the community. I don’t remember all of them off the top of my head, but here are a few:

• What operating system is your web server running?
  • What web server software are you running?
  • Do you have shell access to the server?
  • Do you use a control panel of some sort on the server (and if so, which one, and what version)?

In brief, the solution to your problem is going to be to issue a new certificate. Your answers to the above questions will help us figure out the best way to do that.

1 Like

What @danb35 said is exactly right - I just moved your topic to the “Help” category as well. We’d be happy to help you issue a new certificate if you could provide the requested information.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.