Problem with generating certificate

My domain is: adonayhomestore.com /// inversionesadonay.com

It produced this output:

Error issuing certificate
Failed to issue certificate
Updating challenge for inversionesadonay.com: acme: error code 403 "urn:ietf:params:acme:error:unauthorized": Incorrect TXT record "j_FpSv4sUnjLF1epr27Ddn8uFTXAbdp4-8wf67CO4Wk" found at _acme-challenge.inversionesadonay.com (order URL: https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/order/124206070/167678650236)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Linux 3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.73.el7.x86_64

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Hostinet

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): No

I'm using a control panel to manage my site: CPanel v 102.0 (build 31)

where you bought the domain from?
your nameserver pointed to ns1.lodns.net , who are they?

4 Likes

The domain was purchased from the same provider (Hostinet)

I don't know why it points to ns1.lodns.net

well try certsage?

cpanel's certificate menu should be working, but it need their admin to fix so..

4 Likes

I'm the admin, I'm starting this and I can't find a solution

try runinng autossl with http authorization method
and I mean the hostinet's admin, you said can't root on it right?

5 Likes

I only have access to Let's Encrypt™ for SSL certificates

and it's correct i don't have root

Your hosting service Hostinet setup cPanel with that plug-in. We can't know how exactly they configured that system. You will need to ask them.

The error talks about a TXT record not being found. Are you trying to get a wildcard cert? Because a DNS Challenge and TXT record are required for those. If you don't need a wildcard maybe it will use the HTTP Challenge and work better.

I didn't see any support info on Hostinet website for Let's Encrypt certs. The only place they mention "free" certs is for self-signed certs. They also offer several paid certs. They may not be very helpful to you trying to get free cert with that plug-in.

That cPanel plug-in was not developed by Let's Encrypt which is offered by the ISRG. It is just the name the plug-in uses to describe what kind of cert they are getting.

I realize this does not fix your problem but I hope it helps you understand it.

3 Likes

I will contact them, thank you very much for the help provided.

2 Likes

In the cPanel plugin, you should be able to select the HTTP validation method, which will avoid the problems with your nameservers pointing to non-cPanel servers:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.