Error when trying to issue a new certificate

Hi all,

I am trying to install a new certificate for a website, but I keep receiving the following error:

There was a problem processing your request

I don't know too much about this but I have been reading threads and googling the problem but none of the solutions have been able to help me.

I used the letsdebug tool which gave no issues and suggested I ask here for help.

My domain is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
I don't know

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
Yes, CPanel 84.0.19

Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hm, I'm not familiar with the control panel named "Yes".

Sorry, missed it out, it’s cPanel

1 Like

For that kind of cPanel issue, you may need to contact your host. Third parties may not be able to tell what’s wrong, or fix it. :sweat_drops:

1 Like

Here’s an educated guess:

www.superiorsportsmanagement.com is not currently hosted on a cPanel server.

Instead, it’s hosted on an old Debian Jessie VPS with Media Temple, which obviously isn’t running cPanel.

For you to be able to issue a certificate from your cPanel server, your domain needs to be already pointing to the cPanel server.

Otherwise, it cannot perform the domain validation step of issuing a certificate.

You can do this by updating the DNS of your domain (in MediaTemple) to the details provided by your cPanel host.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.