Problem with enabling ssl in cpanel

Hello
I am using cPanel, the latest version is 116.0.10
cPane is hosted on Alma Linux 8.9.
Before this, we used different IPs for different sites.
In the past two months, all of a sudden, no SSL certificate was issued for our sites, and all autossl certificates were issued as self-signin, which resulted in errors in browsers.
We thought that the problem was from the side of cPane or our server IP, and we upgraded the version of cPane from 110 to 116 (clean installation) and transferred the domains and sites to the new IP and the new version of cPane.

But we still have problems
For example, our sites:

softabzar.com
bking.ir
silad.ir
irviral.ir
ulen.ir
gsxr.ir

And... the range is many for examples.
The problem was not solved with the requests in the management panel of the cPane host and autossl, and we implemented the settings in whm according to the cPane company documentation.
We set the server's DNS to Google's DNS and used a domain that we only used ns1 and ns2 because previously 6 dns were half-parked on the main domain of the host.
The server and IP are pinged and we really don't know why you can't use letsencrypt in cPane.

A 10 gigabit port is used in this server.
The web server is a list speed server
Immunify + Cloud Linux is also used.

By executing the command
sudo certbot certonly --standalone -d softabzar.com
I get the following output.

Note: This problem exists in all the newly installed servers (Cpanel) and no domain receives a certificate.
We disabled firewalls and any other security plugins such as Immuneify, etc., but the result is still the same

Could not bind TCP port 80 because it is already in use by another process on
this system (such as a web server). Please stop the program in question and then
try again.

Were you previously also using Certbot? Because you're talking about AutoSSL, which is an ACME client of its own I thought. I don't know if it's using Certbot "under the hood"?

Anyway, to start debugging your issue it's probably a good idea to start with the error message and preferably the log from AutoSSL.

1 Like

Yes, we used autossl many times, but if you open the mentioned domains, you will find that the self certificate is only issued, which is not valid for browsers.

We suspected that maybe our ip server was blocked or limited due to many aoutossl requests, but it was not the case, the same problem is in single site servers.

I think some settings from litespeed caused this problem because we went through all the ways.

For more detailed explanations in the certificate update, the Certificate Authority Bundle: (CABUNDLE) section remains empty and does not autofill.

This seems like something you should ask CloudLinux about. The cPanel configuration is provided by them. If nothing else they can tell you where to find the logs or detailed error description of the failure.

There is nothing shown that points to a Let's Encrypt problem.

I think trying to run Certbot to work-around the original problem is a mistake. Something is fundamentally wrong with your setup at CloudLinux and better to get that sorted.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.