Problem generating a certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: stm.synchost.com.br

My web server is (include version): Centos7 64bit

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No

The message is as follows:

An unexpected error occurred:
There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new order :: too many certificates (5) already issued for this exact set of domains in the last 168 hours: stm.synchost.com.br: see https:// Rate Limits - Let's Encrypt

Can anyone help me, how can I fix this? What needs to be done? you have to wait, how long to be able to try to generate a new certificate for that domain/sub-domain?

You already have, five of them within the past week (I don't see how that message can possibly be any more clear). You generated one on the 6th, and four more on the 7th. Why don't you use one of them?

5 Likes

Because it's in different applications, I'm testing some streaming servers and this message appeared now when trying to install Everestcast that installs SSL Let's Automatically.

Then you need to figure out how to stop abusing the Let's Encrypt services. Again, you have five identical certificates, all generated within the past 48 hours. Surely you can use one of those--or the Sectigo cert you also obtained within the past 48 hours--for whatever application you're using.

5 Likes

How can I find these certificates and use them? As I said, when installing the cast panel it already installs a new certificate automatically, I'm not abusing it on purpose.

I didn't find the option to install the certificate separately from the panel installation, so I wanted to know how long I am prevented from generating a new certificate for the domain.

The 5 certifictes limit is a sliding window over 168 hours (7 days). You will be able to generate your next certificate 7 days after the first one you created.

3 Likes

Ok tranks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.