OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Flask-0.10.1.egg-info'

Hello, i’m trying to create SSL website.

I ran this command: sudo certbot --authenticator webroot --installer apache

It produced this output:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/bin/certbot", line 6, in <module> from pkg_resources import load_entry_point File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3019, in <module> @_call_aside File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3003, in _call_aside f(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3032, in _initialize_master_working_set working_set = WorkingSet._build_master() File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 646, in _build_master ws = cls() File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 639, in __init__ self.add_entry(entry) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 695, in add_entry for dist in find_distributions(entry, True): File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2012, in find_on_path if len(os.listdir(fullpath)) == 0: OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Flask-0.10.1.egg-info'

My web server is (include version): Raspberry pi 2 model: B

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Raspbian GNU/Linux 8

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: I host my website by me.

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

EDIT: With sudo su and then certbot --authenticator webroot --installer apache I get same output

Thanks for help :slight_smile:
Dejan

Hi,

Let me call an engineer to help since you’ve already in sudo and still have permission denied…

@bmw

Thank you

How did you install Certbot and what is the output of ls -l /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Flask-0.10.1.egg-info?

I installed certbot with sudo apt-get install python-certbot-apache -t jessie-backports.

Output of sudo ls -l /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Flask-0.10.1.egg-info is:

ls: cannot open directory /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Flask-0.10.1.egg-info: Permission denied

But if I go to /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages and then do ls -l I get that:
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 Jan 1 1970 Flask-0.10.1.egg-info

That can't be normal...

This is speculation, but is there anything in dmesg or syslog about permission issues, or filesystem issues?

1 Like

Indeed, I suspect filesystem corruption is a good explanation, and looking for disk errors and/or fscking the filesystem would be helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.