Obtaining SSL Certificates with WordPress Really Simple SSL Plugin on InMotion

I installed WP Encrypt and Really Simple SSL plug-ins on my Word Press site, gravitydiaries.com which is in a reseller account at InMotion.com

I have the instructions from InMotion about installing the certificate and these are the 3 things I need: 1. The Certificate itself 2. Private Key and 3. Certificate Authority Bundle

My understanding is that Really Simple SSL will take care of all the settings, once the certificate is installed.

But, I no idea how to get any of these, even though the WP Encrypt plug-in says a certificate has been generated.

Robert

Hi @alextech

If you review the Really Simple SSL plugins GitHub Page

No setup required! You only need an SSL certificate, and this plugin will do the rest.

== Description ==
Really Simple SSL automatically detects your settings and configures your website to run over https.
To keep it lightweight, the options are kept to a minimum. The entire site will move to SSL.

= Three simple steps for setup: =
*** Get an SSL certificate (can't do that for you, sorry).**

• Activate this plugin
  • Enable SSL with one click

In short Really Simple SSL is a plugin for updating WordPress from HTTP to HTTPS (for word press only)

You still need to obtain and install a certificate

There are several good guides on how to do this on your best friend Google

My Favorite is: Inmotion Hosting Hosting Manual Install for Beginner? - #2 by DarkSteve

Andrei

Actually the problem was with InMotion hosting - they don’t support Let’s Encrypt.

Will the Really Simple SSL plug in work for other kinds of SSL certificates?

Robert

Robert,

I would suggest opening a support ticket with the Author(s) of the plugin, I would like to say yes because it shouldn’t matter where you got the cert from as long as it is valid.

Also, I’d suggest reaching out to your hosting provider about when they will/would be able to support LetsEncrypt.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.