Obtaining a Free SSL Certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: Averihire.us

I ran this command: N/A

It produced this output: N/A

My web server is (include version): N/A

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): No web server. My physical server runs Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: N/A

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): I log into my server as Administrator, and have two joined workstations with server accounts.

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): N/A

I currently have a domain with GoDaddy which has NO WEBSITE, but is ONLY serving as a Remote Desktop Gateway server. My question is, if I obtain one of your SSL Certificates and later change my domain host, would that cert still work, or would I have to obtain a new one.

I ran no command; hence there’s no output, and I have no web server. I only use an SSL Certificate for Remote Desktop Gateway, and my domain host currently is GoDaddy

The cert would continue to work as long as the name on the cert can be resolved to the IP of your RDG server and it hasn't expired.
So if you change domain names you have to get a new cert.
And if the cert is expiring, you have to get a new cert.

And the good news is: CERTS ARE FREE !!! and (done right) changing hosts shouldn't break anything.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.