Notification which are not mine

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: bramvalk.nl

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: versio

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): directadmin

Hi,
I do not know where to ask this question… So I drop it here. If I need to ask this question somewhere else let me know :smiley:

Last month I got multiple expire notifications of domains not owned by me… But the are link to my email I think? What can I do about this? Is this because other people filled in my emailadress?

Thanks in advance for your help :smiley:
Kind regards
Bram

Somebody may have register an account with the wrong email (yours instead of theirs).

If they are using the same provider as you, it may be a bug in the code of your provider.

If you know how to contact the owner of that domain, maybe you could send them an email, just to notify them.

Hi @Bram

you are creating websites. Which domains? Domains of your customers? Did you create your letsencrypt certificate? Or did you use a tool of your hoster? So the domains are from other customers of your hoster?

Perhaps one client is buggy and uses the wrong account (with your mail) to create new certificates.

I think to remember an old Let’s Encrypt plugin for cPanel was buggy and did stuff like this.

1 Like

Yes I used a tool! So maybe that is it then. I found contact information of the domains which registered on my mail. So I will contact them.
Thanks for the replies

The domain owners may not know that. Ask your hoster. Or your hoster may ask in this thread.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.