No options-ssl-nginx.conf file

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:www.odysseytours.nz

I ran this command:sudo certbot --nginx -d odysseytours.nz -d www.odysseytours.nz

It produced this output:Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Error while running nginx -c /etc/nginx/nginx.conf -t.

nginx: [emerg] open() “/etc/letsencrypt/options-ssl-nginx.conf” failed (2: No such file or directory) in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/odysseytours.nz.conf:14
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

The nginx plugin is not working; there may be problems with your existing configuration.
The error was: MisconfigurationError(‘Error while running nginx -c /etc/nginx/nginx.conf -t.\n\nnginx: [emerg] open() “/etc/letsencrypt/options-ssl-nginx.conf” failed (2: No such file or directory) in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/odysseytours.nz.conf:14\nnginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed\n’,)

My web server is (include version):nginx version: nginx/1.14.0 (Ubuntu)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):Ubuntu server 18-04

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:N/A

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):Cinnamon desktop

There is only /etc/letsencrypt/options-ssl-apache.conf

Will changing the name of this file to options-ssl-nginx.conf solve my problem or do I need to generate a new one somehow?

I was running my website on Apache, I had my website certified then I decided I wanted email. As iredmail 0.9.8 does not support Apache I uninstalled Apache and am trying to get things up and running on Nginx.

That test needs to pass.

Please show:
/etc/nginx/sites-enabled/odysseytours.nz.conf
...there is something in line 14 that is causing a problem.

I don’t know how this could have happened. It seems like a failed prior attempt to run Certbot, but I can’t think of any error that would leave your nginx configuration in this state.

You can find the needed file at

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/certbot/certbot/master/certbot-nginx/certbot_nginx/options-ssl-nginx.conf

The Apache one won’t work because it uses Apache configuration syntax instead of nginx configuration syntax.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.