No-ip ssl certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is:mal0603.ddns.net

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My operating system is (include version):windows 2012 r2 essentials

My web server is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

hi,
can anyone assist a non-geek in procuring an ssl certificate? No-IP say they support Let’s Encrypt but I simply cannot find a link and the language used here is simply beyond my comprehension but if you have a structural problem or need a building surveyor, I will be happy to help :slight_smile:

Hi Mal0603

I wrote and article on how to install letsencrypt certificates on windows IIS

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/lets-encrypt-part-1-issuing-installing-certificates-andrei-hawke?trk=mp-reader-card

One big thing to keep in mind is that unless that domain is on the Public Suffix List, you could run into issues with the rate limiting of Let’s Encrypt. It looks like ddns.net is, so if LE has an update of the list since that was added, you should be fine.

Everything else should be the same as if you’re using just a normal server. There are a few Windows-specific clients that can help automate the certificate process, or you can use a manual method like was linked above. Keep in mind that certificates are only valid for 90 days, so you probably will want to find a way to automate the renewal process if you can.

Of course, you can also seek help from someone local that can walk you through the whole process. Managing a server takes experience and time, and it’s easy to mess up and make yourself a hacking target. If you’re unsure, always try to find a professional.

Thanks ahaw021
I will follow the link :slight_smile:

Thanks Motoko,

Perhaps using a server is OTT for simply accessing my media on demand.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.