Just another guy who doesn't know what to do

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:
bridgegod,com
I ran this command:
none
It produced this output:
none
My web server is (include version):
I don't know
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
I don't know
My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
aspl.com
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
I don't know
I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
core-admin
The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):no idea

I just received an email saying my certificate will expire in 20 days with 0 instructions on how to renew it, and 0 instructions on the site on how to do so either. You make it very clear that it is a great idea to renew the certificate. Thank you so much, but after 10 minutes browsing your page I still have no clue how to achieve that objective.

There are zero instructions on renewal, because there are roughly 18,000 ways to renew a cert, and the right way for you will depend largely on how you got it in the first place. If you have no idea how you got the cert in the first place, your host likely did it for you, so ask them.

1 Like

It seems your cert has been renewed.
crt.sh | bridgegod.com

2 Likes

Thanks to you and Dan, I followed same steps to get my certificate on first place, so basically asked for one. Seems like the proccess did a renew which I had no idea at all untill you just told me.

I expected it to last more than a few months, but not a big issue. Thanks.

3 Likes

The certs are issued for 90 days and are expected to be renewed (automatically) on/after day 60.

Note: A cert renewal my require a restart/reload of the web service (to use the newly created cert).

3 Likes

The assumption is that you'll have an automated task set up to renew the cert every 60 days or so. Better yet, assuming your client is semi-competent, the task would run daily and attempt to renew the cert if it has less than 30 days' validity remaining. Setting that up is client-specific, but it doesn't sound like it had been set up for yours--I'd suggest looking into how to do that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.