Newbie question

My domain is: www.wecare4air.com

My web server is (include version): IIS and a Wix site, arrghhh…

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Win 2008R2

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Yes, windows command line etc…

I run my own Xentyal mail server, an IIS hosted site on a VPS and a commercial site on Wix. Ideally i want to bring control of everything together. The .com site (Wix) was setup without my knowledge and as far as i am aware i cannot control hosting, that certificate is due to expire in June. My .co.uk and mail.wecare4air.com ‘sites’ i have complete control of. Ideally i want to add SSL to .co.uk and mail. is it easier to treat these as 3 separate entities or can i bring it under one roof?

If i bring them under one roof is there one config i can roll out on Wix, IIS and Debian? Or do i just treat all three as different? WRT to the ones i can control, IIS (.co.uk) and Debian (mail.) does anyone have tips on doing those together or do i just use whichever tool suits whichever platform?

Thoughts greatly appreciated, Regards, David

Hi @davidjm

first read the basics:

Then select a client (check, if your client works with Windows 2008).

Wix is a closed world. But if I know it correct (other users), there is an integrated Letsencrypt support with renew- and installation. So use that.

Your two other domains: Windows 2008 doesn’t support SNI, so you can only use one certificate with both domain names.

But check the list of clients to see, if you can use one.

You may use dns-01 validation and a manual-option to create the required dns-entries. That should always work - but then you have to do that every 60 - 85 days.

Also note that there’s no reason that you have to wait until the existing certificate expires before changing or reorganizing your hosting or certificate setup—many different certificates with the same or overlapping coverage can be valid at the same time.

Thank you both, will try as suggested

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.