Need to renew my Let's Encrypt certificate

Hello,

I am sorry for my request but I am not very familiar at all with servers and ssh commands.

Almost 3 months ago I had a friend to transfer 1 of my websites to a self-managed VPS where he is helping me, by managing the server. However, he is on holiday by the end of September and I just got an email that my cert is expiring on 19th of September. I don’t want to bother him during this period so may I ask for what exactly I have to do to renew my certificate.

The server runs on CentOS 7.3.1611, nginx and I have access to the root. I am using vesta control panel also, if that matters.

Now I have read and also watched a lot of tutorials about certbot and how to make it autorenew the certificate once it is near expiration but I don’t really feel very comfortable in SSH without any help.

I don’t even care of the autorenew if it is more complicated - he will do it after he returns. Or he may have done it, I don’t know, can I check if it is applied?

If it is easier I would like just to renew the certificate.

I can pay for helping me out with this.
Thanks in advance.

Start with something simple, like:
certbot renew
or
sudo certbot renew

assuming he installed certbot…
If that fails, reply with any error message.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.