My certificate is not trusted

Good day,

I may not be in the right place here but unfortunately I can't find the right solution anywhere.

On some computers and browsers, the certificate of my website is not trusted, so my website is not opened.

I've tried everything, I'm not a programmer, but I can't solve it.

My domain name is https://tobiasphilipp.nl/ and I use the hosting services of Cloud86. My control panel is Plesk.

Thank you in advance and I hope someone can help me.

1 Like

Can you show an example error from one of those failing systems?

Because your cert looks fine to me

3 Likes

Such as which ones?

Have you cleared the browser cache on those browsers and exited the browser and restarted the browser?
Have you tried rebooting the computers?

1 Like

How old are those failing devices?
What O/S version are they using?

This sounds like the failing devices don't trust the "short LE chain".

2 Likes
2 Likes

User may have no control of which chain is used - likely on "shared hosting".

2 Likes

I wish all clients did the Path Building vs Path Verifying the way indicated here Verifying a certificate - #5 by jsha
To me it seems clients (web browsers, openssl, etc.) are to some extent broken. :frowning:

1 Like

Like this one

1 Like

"Blocked categories" sounds like there is a firewall in use.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help! Could it be that setting or category has to be changed to be accepted by this firewall?

1 Like

Yes, that is likely.
It should be the firewall controlling the outbound connections to the Internet for that system that is blocking.

Two suggestions for the firewall admin:

• the block notice should include the system names or IPs that is doing the block and being blocked
  • the block notice should include a contact name or number to request an exception to this block
3 Likes

I don't know which firewall system is being used...
But checking with Fortinet/Fortiguard, I do see:

It might just be that the site is too new.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your help! Is there anything I can do to change this?

3 Likes

Possibly...
But it depends on knowing what system was doing the blocking and mainly where it got the information.

I also have two recommendations for your host [if you get a chance to speak with them]:

• enable TLS v1.3
  • enable IPv6
3 Likes

Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it! I will contact my hosting provider.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.