Mine expired, and I don't know what to do

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: http://brainstrong.ca/

I don't know what to do - I received an expiry notice email a bit ago, it didn't have instructions how to renew, so I waited for another. I got one today, that it'll expire tomorrow, but still I don't know what to do. How do I renew?? Help! Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @RobertWein, welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

You've done two things to make matters worse:

• You didn't read the email notice thoroughly (enough)
  • You removed almost all of the questions presented to you when opening a HELP topic

For the first, you should find sufficient information that explains what you should do, and how, to confirm whether your certificate is actually expiring.

For the second, we can't very well answer a question like "How do I renew?" when you fail to even mention which ACME client you use.

The GOOD news: Is that you probably don't need to do anything at all (more than read the email again).

1 Like

I didn't think that the questions were applicable to what I'd needed, so removed them, but with your reply I was wrong! I'm very sorry for doing what I'd done. I'm not as up on this kind of stuff, so I don't really have an idea of how to do what "you" would think easy. I'll re-read the notice that I'd received. You'd said "... which ACME client you use", but as I'd said above I don't know much, so have no idea of what it is that you're referring to. I'm VERY sorry for doing what I'd done!

2 Likes

You haven't done anything wrong.
You made very simple and small mistakes is all.
But you should have nothing to worry about.
The site uses Plesk and is likely combining all your names onto new(er) certs.
So that every time a new name is added (or removed) a new cert is issued.
That leaves plenty of unused and expiring certs to be noticed about.
All you have to do is visit the site and check the expiration on the actual cert in use to confirm.

1 Like

Phew! I was kinda stressed when I got the expiration note, and when you'd replied that I'd done it wrong!! And more, because while what you'd just told me makes some sense, on the whole I'm not too sure where I'm at -- because I'm not sure what "All you have to do is visit the site and check the expiration on the actual cert in use to confirm." means. I'm really sorry for this.

• which site, mine?
  • check the expiration --> where?
1 Like

OK here is a simpler method/tool to use to verify the site's certificate expiration:
SSL Server Test (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs)
All you have to do is type in the site/domain name ("brainstrong.ca") and then press enter.
[then wait while it checks]

1 Like

<sigh, again> I THINK things are ok, but I'm not sure.
I hate to be simply asking this, but is it?
This is the report.

1 Like

Welcome to the Let's Encrypt Community, Robert :slightly_smiling_face:

If you don't want to wait (and wade) through all that, you can instead use this:

1 Like

Oh man, that's exactly what I'd needed -- simple output saying that it's ok!!
<<<->>>
It's all good. We have not detected any issues.
<<<->>>

THANK YOU!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.