About to expire. What do I do?

Hi
SSL shopper has informed me that my certificate will expire in 30 days. What do I do to renew it?
Please can someone contact me. My developer has gone out of business :grimacing:
I did a check and it’s lets encrypt x3
Thank you
Marie

Depends on how you (i.e., your developer) got the certificate in the first place. That consequently depends on the setup your site has. E.g., is it a shared hosting platform with a control panel? Or is it a VPS/dedicated server with root access? Et cetera. Those kind of questions and answers we really need to help you further.

Hi @LoveAmber

start with some basics.

Then answer all of the questions you have seen. It's configuration specific, so details about your configuration are required.

Or you have already a working renew, so it's a false alarm. Your domain name is required to check that.

Thank you.
The domain was in a hosted server using woo commerce. I moved the domain to Shopify.
I just spoke to them and they have their own certificates and this notification is linked to the old domain that was on a server. Seems a bit odd though that it’s still picking it up?
Is there just a way to renew it if not using that server anymore. I’m afraid of losing google ranking due to false reporting of an expired very.
Does that make sense?
Marie

Which Google ranking? You said it was a notice about an "old domain". So you're not using that domain any longer, correct? Why bother worring about a Google ranking of a domain you're not using?

If you're refering to a certificate expiry notice from Let's Encrypt: Let's Encrypt doesn't know if the certificate issued isn't in use any longer (it just doesn't check as that would cost way too much resources I can imagine). If the certificate refered to in the expiry warning of Let's Encrypt isn't in use, you can just ignore the warning.

See for more info: Expiration Emails - Let's Encrypt

It was an old domain linked to my old woo website. I moved the domain and made it my main site on Shopify 3 years ago so it’s my main website
Am I allowed to share my website link for you to check? X

I'm confused. You keep mentioning "an old domain", so this suggests to me, the domain name isn't used any longer. But in the next sentence, you say you moved the domain? Which suggests to me, the same domain name as the "old" domain name is still in use?

It's actually pretty much mandatory to get help on this community, as the hostname(s) used can tell us a lot about the certificates used.

Sorry for confusion.
I used the domain on an old woo Site with a third party hosted server
It didn’t work with my postage software so opened a Shopify store and made that domain my main one.
The domain is www.loveamberx.co.uk
Thank you
Marie

Checking that domain - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=loveamberx.co.uk

There are two certificates - non-www and www, both exact 30 days valid.

LE certificates should be renewed after 30 days.

But that

Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2020-02-18 2020-05-18 loveamberx.co.uk
1 entries
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2020-02-18 2020-05-18 www.loveamberx.co.uk
1 entries
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-12-20 2020-03-19 loveamberx.co.uk
1 entries
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-12-20 2020-03-19 www.loveamberx.co.uk
1 entries
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-10-21 2020-01-19 loveamberx.co.uk
1 entries
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-10-21 2020-01-19 www.loveamberx.co.uk
1 entries

looks like you have a working configuration. Exact renews.

So wait 2 or 3 days, then recheck your domain to see, if the certificates are renewed.

Thank you so so much. I have no idea what I’m looking at but if they renew automatically then that is amazing.
Marie

That's not 100…% sure yet, as the current certificate is on the point of renewal, but hasn't been renewed yet. Check again after a few days.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.