In aSEO audit report it said my SSL Certificate is expiring. How do I renew it? I know nothing about computers and I don't have a developer. Can someone walk me through it?

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: donsclothingcompany.com

I ran this command: Dont know how to run commands

It produced this output: N/A...Didn't know how to run commands

My web server is (include version): I don't know

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): I don't know

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: I don't know

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): I don't know

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): I don't know

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): I don't know what a client is

1 Like

Welcome @donsclothingcompany

Your certificate is not expiring. You are using one created on Dec9 2021 and does not expire until Mar29 2022. A 90 day life is the standard for Let's Encrypt certs.

I suspect you are seeing a message about the DST Root CA X3 cert in your chain. I realize this sentence probably makes no sense to you given your answers to the questionaire. If you could paste the actual message you see we could help you understand it.

That said, I don't see anything wrong with your site. You run your site through Shopify and they take care of this for you.

5 Likes

Thank you...I will read over this documentation...

3 Likes

@donsclothingcompany Please ignore Griffin's post. He meant to place that on a different thread and just deleted it from here.

3 Likes

Oh so it's not expiring until March and Shopify will take care of the renewal? That's great!! Thank you...I was stressed over this. Question...Is there something wrong with the DST Root CA X3 cert in my chain?

3 Likes

Well, I assume Shopify does. You could ask them. Your certs have a history of being renewed every couple months so someone is and does not sound like you are :slight_smile:

There is nothing wrong with DST Root CA X3. This website has that in the chain too as do a vast number of sites around the world. I doubt you would enjoy a more technical explanation than that.

5 Likes

HAHA Yes the simpler the better for me. Hey thanx for all your help. I'll ask Shopify if they're renewing it every couple of months...Thanx again.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.