Maximal certificate request reached for this domain

I have my blast shield on. I am sure I have reached a threshold because essentially I didn't know what I was doing... Is there anyway possible to reset any limit restrictions put on me? In the middle of a project and would like to keep everything within that little black box.

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: aplusmiami.synology.me

I ran this command: DSM OS create Certificate

It produced this output: maximal certificate request reached for this domain

My web server is (include version): Synology DSM

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): DSM 7

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Self

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): DSM

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): 7

Hi @aplusmiami Welcome to the community!

Looks like you have hit some rate limits.

Cant you use one of these certs already issued?

3 Likes

I rebuilt the box 3 times (HW reasons etc) and well never thought about the rate limits when I was playing.... Eventually I reset everything for the 4th time... and could not generate anymore.

I am brushing up on my Linux and going to attempt to generate some self signed certs... Using OpenSSL

You are probably running into the 5 identical name certs / week limit. See below for details.

But, there is a Staging system for when you are playing around. Much more relaxed rate limits

3 Likes

Keyword here is "playing". Absolutely use the staging system. It also might be a good idea to save your certs somewhere so you can use them after a system "reset". No need to hammer the system, after all. (I do appreciate what you are doing though{kinda})

3 Likes

good news is self signed certs I generated allowed me to continue testing things, bad news is one of the docker apps is VaultWarden,, The Certs are working fine in the browsers (Firefox/Edge/Chrome) but the Android app will not attach/login locally nor external. But that's another forum I'm off too. I will wait a week and try generating the built in letsencrypt certs again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.