Maximal Certificate Requests Reached For This Domain

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:crombiesftp.ca

I ran this command: Get Certificate from Let's Encrypt

It produced this output:Maximal Certificate Requests Reached For This Domain Name

My web server is (include version):Synology NAS

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):DSM 6.2.4-2556

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

2 Likes

Hi there, welcome to our community!

Before one of our more technically adept community members gets here, I'm wondering if you might have run into a Rate Limit issue. Can you take a look at the information on this page below to see if it fits your situation?

I also did a bit of Google and forum thread searching and apparently this is a thing with Synology. Good luck!

2 Likes

Welcome to the Let's Encrypt Community, George :slightly_smiling_face:

@tlrenkensebastian has certainly pointed you in the right direction.

Read here for more details:

2 Likes

Thanks for the help. I have not reached any of those limits. Maybe is a Synology issue.

I believe that you have.

The main limit is Certificates per Registered Domain (50 per week). A registered domain is, generally speaking, the part of the domain you purchased from your domain name registrar. For instance, in the name www.example.com, the registered domain is example.com. In new.blog.example.co.uk, the registered domain is example.co.uk. We use the Public Suffix List to calculate the registered domain. Exceeding the Certificates Per Registered Domain limit is reported with the error message too many certificates already issued, possibly with additional details.

I don't think you got that error by trying to issue a certificate for crombiesftp.ca. Check in your DSM and see if there's another domain name (that's probably a subdomain of a domain name that you don't own). It looks like you successfully acquired a certificate covering crombiesftp.ca and www.crombiesftp.ca today (from ZeroSSL and not Let's Encrypt)

Certificate history for crombiesftp.ca:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.