Manual certificate update

The LetsEncrypt certificate for our site is working fine but due to expiry in 18 days. It was originally installed using the manual procedure which I believe I need to do again (unless there is some easier option).

In any event, I don’t recall the steps for doing that and haven’t found them yet.

Suggestions please? TIA.

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: www.st2ar.org

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): Apache 2.4.41

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): ? shared hosting

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Optimus Internet

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Can SSH but no root

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): cPanel 78.0 (build 38)

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

Hi @rbostrum

you use

and cPanel. So if your cPanel doesn't support the automated solution: Yes, you have to do that manual again and again. Not good, but that's the limit of shared hosting without integrated Letsencrypt support.

Ok. That’s as I expected. I’ve queried my ISP about their SSL options but haven’t heard back so I’ll just keep doing it manually until a better option is available.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.