Do I need to do anything to continue my SSL JUNE 16, 2022 EXPIRATION AUTOMATICALLY RENEWAL IN CPANEL & LET'S ENCRYPT

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: https://www.tamami.us

I ran this command: I responded to an email from my Cpanel my SSL will expire June 16th

It produced this output: My Cpanel shows I am on "Auto Renewal" for my SSL from Let's Encrypt

My web server is (include version): Firefox version 78.15.0

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): MAC OS Yosemite 10.10.1

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Avahost

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): I do not know what a "root shell on my machine is"

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): CPanel 102.0.18

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): I'm sorry (?)

Hi Let's Encrypt Community Support,
My name is Tamami and my website is https://www.tamami.us
I have a Let's Encrypt SSL and I have received an email this month, June 2022 saying my SSL will expire on June 16th.
When I go to my CPanel I see that I have the "autoRenew" ON
Q: DO I NEED TO DO ANYTHING TO RENEW MY SSL BEFORE JUNE 16TH or is this AUTOMATICALLY RENEWED?
I hope the attached screen shot from my cpanel will help.....

I think so, yes.
It should have already renewed automatically.

What happens with?:

8 Likes

Hi rg305,
thank you for your reply.
I will have to make a few replies because to answer your question I must upload more than one screenshot and as a new user this system
will only let me upload 1 item per reply...
so this is #1
When I run the "Run AutoSSL" I get this.... It says it's "in progress"

THEN I get this...saying "SSL check completed"

THEN i get the same page refreshed showing same expiration date 6/16/2022

THEN I get this email from my cPanel counting down the days until SSL expiration

What do you think?
And thank you for your continuing help...I still am not sure if I need to do anything else before 6/16 to renew my SSL
I look forward to any further assistance you can offer and for your time and concern: thank you very much
with best wishes,
tamami

Hi rg305,
Further....
Hi rg305,
I will have to make a few replies because to answer your question I must upload more than one screenshot and as a new user this system
so this is #1

THEN I get this...saying "SSL check completed"

THEN I get this email from my cPanel counting down the days until SSL expiration

What do you think?
And thank you for your continuing help...I still am not sure if I need to do anything else before 6/16 to renew my SSL
I look forward to any further assistance you can offer and for your time and concern: thank you very much
with best wishes,
tamami

Hi rg305,
so this is reply #3

What do you think?
with best wishes,
tamami

Hi rg305,
so this is #4 and last one to answer Question of what happens when I run the RUN AUTO SSL....
When I run the "Run AutoSSL" I get this.... It says it's "in progress"

What do you think?
with best wishes,
tamami

Yes, I think you need to fix something. Your latest cert will expire on Jun16 and should have renewed already. Especially when you specifically requested it to. You can see your cert history here.

I don't know enough about cPanel to help you debug what is wrong.

Rudy or someone else here might know something. You might also want to try asking on the cPanel forums or asking your hosting provider what is causing the problem. They should have access to the error logs. Without knowing the underlying errors it is very difficult for us to advise.

9 Likes

Thank you for the detailed responses.

If you only have cPanel access, then you must get help from the HSP or cPanel.
If you have CLI access, then we might be able to do more ...

10 Likes

Hi rg305
Please help me to understand: What is "HSP" stand for?
Waht does "CLI" stand for?
Once I can understand those abbreviations I will better understand the further assistance I may need.
Looking forward to your reply and thank you again for your continuing help
with best wishes
tamami

2 Likes

Hi Mike McQ
thank you for your reply...
I have tried to contact my hosting proiver: Avahost (they seem to be Russia-based as in the past I have received Russian language customer service replies as well as in English...
I did not set up my host originally (a friend did it for me years ago so i stayed with Avahost, but they do have to be asked multiple times to clarify their customer service answers)
So I am awaiting their reply...
As for cPanel I am trying to contact them as welll.

I do not understand the abbreviations the nice person who has been trying to help me "rg305" sent earlier "HSP" and "CLI" ?
But I asked rg305 to explain...so I will await that as well..

Meantime: I hope by Monday, June 13th i will have had answers back from Avahost, cPanel and any other assistance this forum on Lets Encrypt can provide and I will
try and solve this by the end of the day.

Wherever you all are...have a great day/night and thank you for your time in further replies...
with best wishes,
tamami

3 Likes

HSP is for Hosting Service Provider. CLI is Command Line Interface. The CLI is what is used when you have Shell access. You could read Let's Encrypt Getting Started topic to understand more of what he was explaining.

I hope you have good luck with your hosting provider.

9 Likes

Hi MikeMcQ and Lets Encrypt Forum
Further: I have tried contacting my host (Avahost) no replies after multiple attmenpts to reach them.
I have tried to contact cPanel forums with the same questions and images attached as I have sent this forum regarding my SSL Auto Renewal not working with only 3 days 6/16/2022 to go before my SSL epires over my website....(No Answers/No Replies from cPanel forum yet)...
So I am back to Lets Encrypt because on cPanel SSL/TLS please see that they tell me to ask Lets Encrypt for another UPDATED Certificate SSL here:

I will be sending more posts with another image attached from the SSL/TLS cPanel to help you deduce how I should proceed;
I am only allowed to send 1 image per post as a new member as I understand so taken all in all maybe Lets Encrypt will be able to issue me a new Certificate that will Auto Update or I can manually install before my current one expires 6/16/2022 hopefully....It seems Lets Encrypt holds the "keys" (no puns intended) to issuing me my new SSL before current expiration....OR my Auto SSL is not working and cPanel is not answering me...but please help me figure out which if correct...
thank you for all your time and attention to in assistance for me.
with best wishes,
tamami

Further: #2

I have tried contacting my host (Avahost) no replies after multiple attmenpts to reach them.
I have tried to contact cPanel forums with the same questions and images attached as I have sent this forum regarding my SSL Auto Renewal not working with only 3 days 6/16/2022 to go before my SSL epires over my website....(No Answers/No Replies from cPanel forum yet)...
So I am back to Lets Encrypt because on cPanel SSL/TLS please see in previous post that they tell me to ask Lets Encrypt for another UPDATED Certificate SSL
Now in this post you can see that my current default SSL/TLS key type via AutoSSL tries to RENEW and then will say it succeeded but when it refreshes the expiration is the same 6/16/2022 and so no new SSL certificate was actually updated...
I will be sending more posts with another image attached from the SSL/TLS cPanel to help you deduce how I should proceed;
I am only allowed to send 1 image per post as a new member as I understand so taken all in all maybe Lets Encrypt will be able to issue me a new Certificate that will Auto Update or I can manually install before my current one expires 6/16/2022 hopefully....It seems Lets Encrypt holds the "keys" (no puns intended) to issuing me my new SSL before current expiration....OR my Auto SSL is not working and cPanel is not answering me...but please help me figure out which if correct...
with best wishes,
tamami

Further: #3I have tried contacting my host (Avahost) no replies after multiple attmenpts to reach them.
So I am back to Lets Encrypt because on cPanel SSL/TLS it tells me to ask Lets Encrypt for a New, Updated Certificate to install
Now in this post you can see

with best wishes,
tamami

Further: I have tried contacting my host (Avahost) no replies after multiple attmenpts to reach them.
So I am back to Lets Encrypt because on cPanel SSL/TLS please see in my earlier today images/posted that they tell me to ask Lets Encrypt for another UPDATED Certificate SSL in the attachments, as well as earlier you'll see that my current default SSL/TLS key type via AutoSSL tries to RENEW and then will say it succeeded but when it refreshes the expiration is the same 6/16/2022 and so no new SSL certificate was actually updated...

with best wishes,
tamami

So I am back to Lets Encrypt because on cPanel SSL/TLS please see that they tell me to ask Lets Encrypt for another UPDATED Certificate SSL in the attachments, as well as
you can see that my current default SSL/TLS key type via AutoSSL tries to RENEW and I am trying another attempt....making sure all 8 of my sites are included in auto ssl renew...

with best wishes,
tamami

Further: #6 I have tried contacting my host (Avahost) no replies after multiple attmenpts to reach them.
So I am back to Lets Encrypt because on cPanel SSL/TLS please see that they tell me to ask Lets Encrypt for another UPDATED Certificate SSL
Here you can see I'm trying the Auto SSL updates running again....

with best wishes,
tamami

Further: #7. have tried contacting my host (Avahost) no replies after multiple attmenpts to reach them.
So I am back to Lets Encrypt because on cPanel SSL/TLS please see that they tell me to ask Lets Encrypt for another UPDATED Certificate SSL in the attachments, as well as
you can see that my current default SSL/TLS key type via AutoSSL tries to RENEW and then will say it succeeded.....

with best wishes,
tamami

fHi MikeMcQ and Lets Encrypt Forum
Further: #8 I have tried contacting my host (Avahost) no replies after multiple attmenpts to reach them.
you can see that my current default SSL/TLS key type via AutoSSL tries to RENEW and then will say it succeeded but when it refreshes the expiration is the same 6/16/2022 and so no new SSL certificate was actually updated... IN THIS ATTACHMENT you can see same old expiration after a supposedly, "completed AutoSSL Renewal"....

with best wishes,
tamami

Please NEVER post private keys (nor any part of them)!

8 Likes