Do I need to do anything to continue my SSL JUNE 16, 2022 EXPIRATION AUTOMATICALLY RENEWAL IN CPANEL & LET'S ENCRYPT

Hi MikeMcQ and Lets Encrypt Forum
Further: #10 I have tried contacting my host (Avahost) no replies after multiple attmenpts to reach them.
I have tried to contact cPanel forums with the same questions and images attached as I have sent this forum regarding my SSL Auto Renewal not working with only 3 days 6/16/2022 to go before my SSL epires over my website....(No Answers/No Replies from cPanel forum yet)...
So I am back to Lets Encrypt because on cPanel SSL/TLS please see that they tell me to ask Lets Encrypt for another UPDATED Certificate SSL
NOW in my attachment I hope this helps clarify.....

Q: also why is cPanel in April 2022 switching me to Lets Encrypt? You can see that (unbeknownst to me cPanel had the SSL for me that auto renewed since 2018 (I have an email from them that they put this originally on: my original SSL in 2018 and it automatically updated totally without me ever being aware of it from cPanel...until now with Lets Encrypt this is my first auto renewal with you and that's where the issues are stemming...(I did not volumtarily ask cPanel to switch me to Lets Encrypt...if that helps figure things out logistically why this auto renewal is not taking place....) but I like Let's Encrypt because you answer me in your forums and so far NOTHING from cPanel help in forums...

I will be sending more posts with another image attached from the SSL/TLS cPanel to help you deduce how I should proceed;
I am only allowed to send 1 image per post as a new member as I understand so taken all in all maybe Lets Encrypt will be able to issue me a new Certificate that will Auto Update or I can manually install before my current one expires 6/16/2022 hopefully....It seems Lets Encrypt holds the "keys" (no puns intended) to issuing me my new SSL before current expiration....OR my Auto SSL is not working and cPanel is not answering me...but please help me figure out which if correct...
thank you for all your time and attention to in assistance for me.
with best wishes,
tamami

1 Like

Hi MikeMcQ and Lets Encrypt Forum
Further: #11 I have tried contacting my host (Avahost) no replies after multiple attmenpts to reach them.
I have tried to contact cPanel forums with the same questions and images attached as I have sent this forum regarding my SSL Auto Renewal not working with only 3 days 6/16/2022 to go before my SSL epires over my website....(No Answers/No Replies from cPanel forum yet)...
So I am back to Lets Encrypt because on cPanel SSL/TLS please see that they tell me to ask Lets Encrypt for another UPDATED Certificate SSL
NOW in my attachment I hope this helps clarify.....I
Q: IS this where I or Let's Encrypt would be pasting my NEW SSL certificate that I could then auto renew??

Q: also why is cPanel in April 2022 switching me to Lets Encrypt? You can see that (unbeknownst to me cPanel had the SSL for me that auto renewed since 2018 (I have an email from them that they put this originally on: my original SSL in 2018 and it automatically updated totally without me ever being aware of it from cPanel...until now with Lets Encrypt this is my first auto renewal with you and that's where the issues are stemming...(I did not volumtarily ask cPanel to switch me to Lets Encrypt...if that helps figure things out logistically why this auto renewal is not taking place....) but I like Let's Encrypt because you answer me in your forums and so far NOTHING from cPanel help in forums...

this is my final post.....please understand why I had to send so many....
I am only allowed to send 1 image per post as a new member as I understand so taken all in all maybe Lets Encrypt will be able to issue me a new Certificate that will Auto Update or I can manually install before my current one expires 6/16/2022 hopefully....It seems Lets Encrypt holds the "keys" (no puns intended) to issuing me my new SSL before current expiration....OR my Auto SSL is not working and cPanel is not answering me...but please help me figure out which if correct...
thank you for all your time and attention to in assistance for me.
with best wishes,
tamami

You or your hosting provider must have made a change. Let's Encrypt does not have control of your cPanel or hosting service.

AutoSSL says the renewal was successful but it was not. That is strange. You need to view the AutoSSL logs for more info. If you can't access these logs your hosting provider can.

It is sad your hosting provider is not helpful. They are best able to help you with this problem. It is also what you pay them for. You may have to consider transferring to a different one with better service.

I don't see any reason you could not get a Let's Encrypt cert. The Let's Debug test site does not see any problems preventing a cert. I have no other ideas on how to help you.

10 Likes

Hi MikeMcQ:
Thank you for your assistance throughout! Truly.
My SSL was successfully auto renewed today…until September 2022 .by my hosting service...
The confusion initailly that I had to "take action to secure site" came from cPanel informational email here explicitly stating I must, “take action to secure my site”
when in reality there was NO action for me to take…Avahost auto renews these SSL at a much closer date to expiration than cPanel and I expected…
I asked on cPanel forums that if possible that the cPanel email could be re-worded so customers do not have to feel it is mandatory to for them personally to “take action to secure site” when all that does is force the customer to feel there actually IS some “action” they need to take….when in reality there is none…
I hope this helps…
but no matter what THANK YOU!! for caring to take your time to assist me.
You were very kind to take your precious time and I hope this may even help another person who received the same type of informational email...
with best wishes
tamami

2 Likes

Hi Le's Encrypt Forum & rg305:
Thank you for your assistance.
My SSL was successfully auto renewed today….by my hosting service...
The confusion initailly that I had to "take action to secure site" came from cPanel informational email here explicitly stating I must, “take action to secure my site”
when in reality there was NO action for me to take…Avahost auto renews these SSL at a much closer date to expiration than cPanel and I expected…
but maybe the cPanel email could be re-worded so customers do not have to feel it is mandatory to for them personally to “take action to secure site” when
all that does is force the customer to feel there actually IS some “action” they need to take….when in reality there is none…
I hope this helps…but no matter what thank you for caring to take your time to assist me.
You were very kind to take your precious time and I hope this may even help another person who received the same type of informational email...
with best wishes
tamami

7 Likes

Thank you for the report and kind words.

I see your hosting provider got your cert through cPanel Certificate Authority this time instead of Let's Encrypt like last time. Hopefully this works better for you going forward.

It looks to me like your hosting provider wanted to switch customers (you) to Let's Encrypt but did not do it correctly. And, has now put you back to using cPanel Certificates. In any case, I am glad your situation is sorted out.

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.