MacPorts Installed Certbot Creating Errors on OSX

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: home.adamsalem.co.uk

I ran this command: certbot

It produced this output:

File "/opt/local/bin/certbot", line 6, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3138, in <module>
    @_call_aside
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3122, in _call_aside
    f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3151, in _initialize_master_working_set
    working_set = WorkingSet._build_master()
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 664, in _build_master
    ws.require(__requires__)
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 981, in require
    needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 867, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'funcsigs>=1' distribution was not found and is required by mock

My web server is (include version): Cert only

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): macOS 10.12.6

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: N/A

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No

I resolved this, my Python was installed with MacPorts and I had done pip install funcsigs which was working and reporting fine but I needed to port install python27-funcsigs for it to work with certbot.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.