Let's Encrypt Stats up-to-date?

It looks like on the stats page, the "Let's Encrypt Growth" and "Let's Encrypt Certificates Issued Per Day" graphs only have data through Feb. 2, though I vaguely remember in the past them having data up to almost the current day. The "Percentage of Web Pages Loaded by Firefox Using HTTPS" graph still has data up through yesterday, for instance.

3 Likes

The Issuance stats are out of date and we are working on updating them.

6 Likes

Thanks. I was wondering if I was just imagining things and they'd usually been a couple months behind. I'm sure it's not the most pressing issue for you to all be working on, but I'm just amazed at how issuance is regularly over 2 million certs per day nowadays and occasionally like looking at the stats.

3 Likes

Deja vu :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

They occasionally fall behind and various things affect the priority of getting them totally caught up. I'll bump it a little since It's much further behind than usual. Thanks for the reminder!

4 Likes

Thanks!

Part of why I was looking was that I was also wondering if there were other stats, like how adoption of ECDSA certificates is going. But then it occurred to me that a lot of those kind of statistics ought to be able to get derived through certificate transparency records, though I don't know as anybody's put anything together to aggregate that kind of stuff. Most of the CT aggregation sites I've seen (and I don't think there are that many) are focused on getting info about specific domains rather than info on the WebPKI as a whole.

3 Likes

I'm not sure how long crt.sh can keep up with 'counting' big numbers but this is a quick way to see the E1 ECDSA cert counts. crt.sh has pages for all the PKI intermediates it knows about, we offer links for each of the Let's Encrypt: intermediates Chain of Trust - Let's Encrypt

5 Likes

Ah, once all the ECDSA certificates get signed by a different intermediate (E1) then yes that would give the data. I was wondering what percent of certificates would that be, that is what percent of certs signed by R3 today are ECDSA vs. RSA. (And that'd be just for Let's Encrypt, though now that I'm talking about it I wonder how it compares to other CAs as well.)

No big deal, I'm just being overly curious. Thanks again!

3 Likes

One example for this is Cloudflare's "Merkle Town": https://ct.cloudflare.com/

4 Likes

Awesome! That's just what I was looking for. Thanks!

4 Likes

Ahhh, I see. crt.sh might have ways to reduce the information down to key-type.

3 Likes

The stats page is updated!

6 Likes

Thank you. Continuing the pace of 2 million cert issuances a day and rising! Just absolutely incredible.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.