Let's Encrypt certificate expiration notice for domain

I am getting expiration notice,

"Your certificate (or certificates) for the names listed below will expire in 9 days (on 17 Aug 21 15:58 +0000). Please make sure to renew your certificate before then, or visitors to your web site will encounter errors"

even though I have renewed the certificate and the Certificate Validity for the domain in the browser shows that it valid thru 10/27/21

Is there a known problem with the email notification system ?

No, there isn't as far as I'm aware of. Please read the entire expiry e-mail and the documentation about the expiry e-mails linked in the e-mail itself. There's almost certainly a very logical explanation why you're getting the e-mail.

1 Like

I went through the entire email and the documentation and did not see anything relevant to my scenario.

As indicated earlier, I renewed my domains successfully (no error messages) and uploaded the updated certs to the website and the browser shows the correct expiry.

I am at a loss as to how to move forward but thank you for your response.

Including this page?: Expiration Emails - Let's Encrypt

In that case, please provide the domains mentioned in the expiry e-mail, so we can see what's going on.

1 Like

Yes, I read that page as well. We did not change any attributes of the certificate. Just used certbot to manually renew it about 2 weeks back I think.

These are the two domains:

1. accfapi.ddns.net
  2. accfreact.ddns.net

Thank you for your help.

On May 19 2021 you've issued a single certificate covering both hostnames. Since then, a few other certificates have been issued, but for the above domain names separately.

The certificate containing both hostnames has not been renewed, only the certificates containing the hostnames separately. Therefore, Let's Encrypt, as indicated by the documentation, justly warns you the certificate with that exact set of hostnames has not been renewed.

2 Likes

Firstly, thank you for this incredibly timely response on a weekend. Mind boggling !

Secondly, I am sorry that I did not remember nor do I realize the distinction between a request containing multiple hostnames and one containing a single. Now I do. Thank you.

I will make sure that going forward we will renew the certificates in a consistent manner.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.