Expiration emails

First off I saw the thread here which says the problem is solved and to report any problems...

I received two emails the same day (23 March) about the same domain expiring at two different times:

Your certificate (or certificates) for the names listed below will expire in 19 days
(on 12 Apr 16 20:29 +0000). Please make sure to renew your certificate
before then, or visitors to your website will encounter errors.

and

Your certificate (or certificates) for the names listed below will expire in 19 days
(on 12 Apr 16 21:52 +0000). Please make sure to renew your certificate
before then, or visitors to your website will encounter errors.

When I look at my A+ rating (thanks guys!) from Qualys SSL, it says:

Valid from Tue, 16 Feb 2016 20:10:00 UTC
Valid until Mon, 16 May 2016 20:10:00 UTC (expires in 1 month and 21 days)

So the dates aren't even close. I did not receive any emails for my other two domains, but one of them expires Wed, 13 Apr 2016 14:32:00 UTC (expires in 19 days, 3 hours) - likely because I set the three of them up at the same time. (Hosted on same DigitalOcean droplet using NGINX reverse proxy if that makes a difference.)

Happy to give any more info if needed. Thanks!

• Andy

The title here is similar enough that I'm going to piggyback on it with a similar issue: my expiration reminder drip emails never ceased after I renewed the certificate via the Let's Encrypt CLI client.

Your certificate (or certificates) for the names listed below will expire in 0 days (on 26 Mar 16 19:14 +0000).

Meanwhile, it's actually already set up for the next 3 month window:

You might be receiving some unnecessary expiration notifications for older certificates. For certificates issued more recently (something like 1-2 weeks ago), that issue has been fixed.

This post has some more details:

1 Like

@pfg ah, dang, that was fast. Cool, I was posting it mostly as a heads-up to whomever from LE was reading, though I figured it was happening to others. Thanks for the info!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.